Spanish painter, printmaker and ceramicist. Attended the art school of Francisco Galí 1911-1914, then attended the academy Círculo Artístico de Sant Lluc, until 1918. Moved to Paris in 1920. In 1924 he joined the Surrealist group. He received the Grand Prize for Graphic Work at the Venice Biennale in 1954. In 1958 he was given a Guggenheim International Award for murals for the UNESCO building in Paris.
Active places: Paris, France; Montroig, Spain